Hey, are you ready to have a smart air conditioner controller to make your smart AC more convenient? Here, you’ll get the best air conditioner controller in 2023 for enjoying your room temperature.
Since summer is quickly approaching, you’ll need to find a way to stay cool even on the hottest of days. Air conditioners are available for this purpose, but there are numerous ways to make your existing air conditioner work harder for you with minimal effort.
With advancements in microcomputers, air conditioner controllers have grown to become more advanced. Electronic controllers are now standard in most window air conditioners and room air conditioners in homes and offices, making them more user-friendly, sophisticated, and feature-rich.
Thanks to wifi connectivity, you can manage and monitor the air conditioner from your smartphone. The convenience of using wifi-enabled air conditioners is the main benefit.
You may control the fan speed and temperature anywhere in the house, at work, or while on vacation. However, let’s explore the smart air conditioner remote controller and how to choose the best smart AC remote controller.
What is Air Conditioner Controller?
A smart air conditioner controller provides intelligence to your dumb air conditioner. It connects to your air conditioner using infrared technology and allows you to add smart controls.
A smart house must have smart air conditioners and smart air conditioner controllers. They let you control your home’s cooling system from the comfort of your smartphone.
You don’t need to seek the remote control to change the temperature of your smart air conditioner because you can do it with your smartphone, which is almost always within reach.
They frequently integrate with your existing smart home technologies and systems, allowing you to upgrade your equipment without having to purchase entirely new air conditioners.
It works with any air conditioner that has a remote control, including window units, portable air conditioners, and mini-splits.
Our Top 3 Picks for You
|Best Overall||Ecobee3 Lite||Buy Now|
|Runner-Up||Sensibo Air||Buy Now|
|Honorable Mention||Cielo Breez Plus||Buy Now|
Hey! Just Take a Look Here Before Going Through Our Picks
- You are: Looking for the best air conditioner controller?
- Your Budget: $72 to $149
- Your Requirement: Value for Money, Reliable, Stylish, Budget & User-Friendly
- AC Controller Type: Smart AC controller
Are you the person for whom we conducted depth research and analysis to bring out the best air conditioner controller in 2023 for you?
Well, that’s great. You are welcome to “Your Best Gear”.
Proceed to the later sections and find out your required and appropriate smart air conditioner controller for your AC with reliability. Every single portable air conditioner that we enlisted in this article is qualified and proven.
Least Criteria of Smart AC Controller to Be Listed on “Your Best Gear”
We choose the best products for you and in this case, we follow some criteria. We think it’s crucial to share this with you.
- Well-Known & Reliable Brand
- Dealers’ Rating: 4 out of 5
- Users’ Review: 4.4 out of 5
- Updated Model
- Value for Money
- Standard Features
- Ease of Use
- Warranty: 1-year warranty (Varies)
- Durability: 5 to 10 years
“Your Best Gear’s choice is the choice of the thousands more users as we are not for the brands, we are here for you.”
7 Most Popular Remote Control for Air Conditioning
A smart air conditioner controller can be the best solution for controlling your AC temperature. But you have to find out the best and most reviewed remote control for your smart AC.
In this case, the below list will help you to choose the best smart ac controller with the best affordable range.
Best air conditioner controller
|Ecobee3 Lite||Buy Now|
|Sensibo Air||Buy Now|
|Cielo Breez Plus||Buy Now|
|Sensibo Sky||Buy Now|
|Ambi Climate 2||Buy Now|
|Mysa Smart Thermostat||Buy Now|
|Cielo Breez Eco Smart AC Controller||Buy Now|
1. Ecobee3 Lite
Overall Score: 9.8 out of 10
Ecobee3 lite is the perfect choice for a small apartment. The Ecobee3 is our best smart thermostat when it first came out because of its ease of use, compatibility with other smart home devices, and ability to monitor the temperature in multiple rooms of your home.
The Ecobee3 Lite, Ecobee’s newest thermostat, eliminates some of those features while lowering the price to $149. You can still control it with your phone and connect it to other devices so that it only turns on and off when you want it to, perhaps saving you money on your heating bill.
- Brand: Ecobee
- Color: Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 4.05 x 1 x 4.05 inches
- Style: Ecobee3 Lite SmartThermostat
- Item Weight: 1 Pound
- Material: Plastic
- Pattern: Thermostat + Smart Thermostat Voice Control
- Power Source: AC/DC
- Voltage: 24 Volts
- Display Style: Touchscreen
- Battery Cell Type: Lithium Metal
- Warranty Description: 3 years limited warranty
- Save up to 23% on annual heating and cooling costs (when compared to a 72°F hold)
- Control your Android or iOS device from anywhere.
- SmartSensor can be used to control hot or cold regions and provide improved comfort in the rooms that matter the most.
- When a door or window is left open, your heating or cooling is automatically paused (requires Ecobee SmartSensor for doors and windows and a Smart Security subscription).
- Integrates effortlessly with your smart home system of choice.
- Attractive UI
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit
- Easy to install
- Compatibility with remote sensors
- It’s missing geofencing.
2. Sensibo Air
Overall Score: 9.7 out of 10
You can turn your old remote-controlled air conditioner or mini-split, ductless heat pump system into a smart air conditioner with Sensibo Air and save up to 40% on cooling costs.
You can keep your home at a comfortable temperature from anywhere with Sensibo’s feature-rich Smartphone app. The geofencing feature turns on your air conditioner, or any other remote-controlled AC equipment, before you arrive, and turns it off when you leave.
Climate React keeps track of both inside and outdoor temperatures, as well as a dual setpoint, to keep the room at a suitable real-feel temperature.
- Color: White
- Brand: Sensibo
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 2.56 x 2.56 x 0.67 inches
- Item Weight: 6.3 ounces
- Smart AC control: Convert your existing remote-controlled air conditioner, mini-split, ductless, or heat pump system to a smart AC and save up to 40% on your cooling expenditures! Sensibo’s feature-rich Smartphone app allows you to maintain a comfortable home temperature from anywhere. Measures 2.56 X 2.56 X 0.67″ and comes in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy setup: Simply connect to WiFi or Bluetooth, launch the app, place it on any flat surface, and connect to any remote-controlled air conditioner in seconds. Apple HomeKit, Siri, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa all work with smart homes. Works with window air conditioners, mini-split/ductless air conditioners, heat pumps, and portable air conditioners. No equipment is necessary.
- Smart features: Geofencing turns on your air conditioner (or any other remote-controlled AC device) before you arrive and turns it off when everyone has left. Climate React monitors both indoor and outdoor conditions, as well as a dual setpoint, to maintain a comfortable real-feel temperature, never allowing the room to become unpleasant.
- Easy to use: The Sensibo Mobile (Android & iOS) and Web Apps for PC and Mac make controlling your AC from afar simple. Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Siri, SmartThings, and IFTTT, as well as the in-app 7-day planner, can be used to control temperature and humidity.
- Buy with confidence: Sensibo is an industry pioneer in home comfort. Customer service is only a click away, offering year-round comfort.
- Quick and easy installation
- Energy saving
- Compatible with both Android and iOS
- Controlling by Google Assistant or Alexa
- Automatic climate-based temperature control
- Lack of Homekit support
Overall Score: 9.5 out of 10
The Cielo Breez Plus smart air conditioner controller resembles an Ecobee or Nest smart thermostat in appearance. It’s the only controller with a display among our choices.
Another way to control your AC is through the display and touchscreen control panel. More crucially, it allows you to operate your air conditioning locally, even if you don’t have access to the internet.
The Cielo Breez Plus display, similar to a smart thermostat, displays the current temperature and humidity at a glance.
Mounting the Cielo Breez Plus on the wall near your air conditioner is the ideal way to use it. A backplate and screws are included for wall mounting.
- Brand: Cielo Breez
- Color: Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 4.33 x 4.33 x 1.02 inches
- Style: Smart
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Item Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Manage your air conditioner: The Cielo Breez Plus Smart AC controller is compatible with mini-split, portable, and window air conditioners that feature an IR remote. It connects to your Wi-Fi router and allows you to control your air conditioners through your smartphone, Amazon Alexa, or Google Home. All necessary components are included, including the wall plate and a complimentary table stand if you prefer to use it on a desk or table. It aids in the creation of zones for more efficient heating and cooling.
- The choice is yours: iOS, Android, Web, Alexa, or Google Home Control your air conditioners, create weekly programs that fit your lifestyle, and set up location-based controls for energy savings and automated operation. Cielo Breez Plus might help you save up to 25% on your air conditioning expenditures.
- It improves your quality of life, comfort, and convenience. Cielo Apps has a detailed timeline of events, ensuring that you are constantly up to date. You can get a complete timeline of air conditioning actions from any location.
- After you’ve registered the device with your Wi-Fi, you can control your linked AC even without it. Local controls on the device ensure that you can control all of the functions of your linked AC even if you don’t have access to the internet. By keeping your device linked to the internet, you can still operate your air conditioning from anywhere.
- To automate the operation of your ac, set triggers based on temperature or humidity – also lets you power it up like a thermostat or with a 5v adapter – the choice is yours: Cielo Breez Plus can be powered by a 24V or 12V hardwired power supply or a 5V adapter (included in the box).
- Detection of automatic remote control, convenience, savings, and live support: Cielo Breez Plus recognizes your remote control automatically and is simple to set up. It provides you with the utmost convenience and savings by allowing you to save up to 25% on your air conditioner energy expenses. Cielo Wigle has a dedicated support team to assist you if you have any issues. The Cielo Wigle support staff is accessible Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
- Control panel and touchscreen display
- Alexa and Google Home are both supported.
- Without wifi, local controls are available.
- Hardwired or plugged-in power solutions are available.
- Weekly planning.
- Geo-fencing + intelligent triggers
- HomeKit is not supported.
4. Sensibo Sky
Overall Score: 9.5 out of 10
There’s a reason the Sensibo Sky is one of the most popular smart ac controllers and routinely gets good reviews.
Sensibo features a long variety of connections, including Samsung SmartThings, thanks to its open API. Setup will be quick and easy if your smart hub model is supported, generally requiring less than 5 minutes.
If your smart hub isn’t supported for whatever reason, you can contact Sensibo directly. They’ll almost certainly be able to help you locate a solution.
The Sensibo Sky also has Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant integration. All you have to do to connect with one of these is tell your device to learn the skill.
- Brand: Sensibo
- Color: Gray
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 3.23 x 2.17 x 0.67 inches
- Item Weight: 0.15 Pounds
- Control Method: App, Remote, Voice
- Controller Type: IFTTT, Voice Control
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Convert your existing air conditioner or mini-split / ductless / heat pump system to a smart AC and save up to 40% on your cooling expenditures!
- The smartphone app allows you to control any remote-controlled air conditioner from anywhere and maintain a suitable home temperature. This compact unit measures only 3.2″ X 2.2″ X 0.8″ and is packaged in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Simply connect your Sensibo Sky to WiFi, open the app, and experience a smarter, more connected environment. Sensibo Sky works with all remote-controlled air conditioners, as well as smart home devices like Google, Alexa, and Siri, which you can operate from your phone or desktop apps.
- Works with window air conditioners and mini-split/ductless air conditioners.
- Geofencing turns on your air conditioner (or any other remote-controlled AC device) before you arrive and turns it off when everyone has left.
- Climate React checks both temperature and humidity, then uses a dual setpoint to keep the room at a comfortable real feel temperature, never allowing it to become unpleasant. Conditional programming, voice control, and 7-day full-week programming via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Nest, Siri, and others.
- Control your home’s temperature from anywhere with Sensibo Mobile (Android & iOS) and Web Apps for PC and Mac. Set remote temperature and humidity preferences for any room, or utilize the seven-day planner.
- Sensibo, a leader in home comfort, is a smart air conditioner or window ACs controller firm. We work hard to ensure that all you have to do is define your comfort zone, and our customer service team is always ready to ensure that you and your house are comfortable throughout the year.
- Most air conditioners are compatible.
- Google Home and Amazon Echo are both supported.
- 7-day scheduling made simple.
- Geo-fencing enables temperature control based on your current location.
- Triggers that are activated automatically.
- Apple HomeKit is not yet supported.
Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10
You can use Ambi Climate 2 to regulate the temperature remotely if your AC remote control has an LCD screen that displays temperature and other settings.
The setup is simple and trouble-free. Ambi provides excellent customer assistance if you have a problem. Simply call them, and they’ll work with you to get your AC controller up and running.
You can operate your AC in two ways once you’ve set up Ambi Climate 2: either with the Ambi Climate app on your phone or with a smart assistant like Alexa.
The app is simple to use and allows you to control the temperature from anywhere. You can also change the fan speed and mode on your air conditioner.
If you don’t want to utilize the app, you may connect Ambi to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant and use your phone or a smart speaker to transmit voice commands.
Ambi, like Sensibo, does not have HomeKit support. However, you can use Siri on your iPhone to control it.
Ambi Climate 2 makes interior climate management simple with artificial intelligence. All you have to do is teach the AI by giving it input on how comfortable you are.
The AI learns to adjust the temperature to your comfort level based on your reactions and temperature history. You don’t have to adjust the thermostat as often because the space remains pleasant.
Smart scheduling in Ambi Climate 2 lets you select various temperatures for different days and hours.
- PowerSource: Corded Electric
- Brand: Ambi Climate
- Special Feature: Portable, Remote control
- Color: Ambi Climate V2
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 31.89 x 4.33 x 1.57 inches
- Control Method: Voice
- Voltage: 240 Volts
- Controller Type: IFTTT, Voice Control, Ios, Android
- Item Weight: 1.06 pounds
- Max comfort, and advanced intelligence: This is one smart, energy-saving air conditioner controller! You’ll give Ambi Climate an A+ for its powerful AI engine, smart modes, and endless timers for creating individualized comfort.
- Voice-activated comfort: You’ll never have to get out of bed to turn on or regulate your air conditioning again! Ambi Climate works with Alexa, Siri, and Google Home to give you voice control over your air conditioning! When you’re away, utilize IFTTT and Geolocation to avoid coming home to a chilly or overheated house!
- Ambi has you covered for more than just air conditioner control with a 2-YEAR WARRANTY! Purchase with confidence, knowing that you’ll get a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Download the Ambi app: Using your smartphone, maintain optimum conditions in your home. Use the Ambi app (iOS and Android) to provide feedback on your comfort level, and watch as your gadget learns to adjust your AC to meet your needs.
- The Ambi Climate is a smart air conditioner controller for window units, ductless mini-splits, and any other device with a multi-function LCD remote control. Except for Frigidaire, most brands are compatible with Ambi.
- Most air conditioners are compatible.
- Google Home, Alexa, and Siri may all be used to control the device.
- Temperature control with AI.
- Triggers and smart scheduling
- Excellent client service.
- HomeKit is not supported.
Overall Score: 9.3 out of 10
Mysa Smart is here to take the place of your LCD remote for controlling your air conditioning. Aside from its distinct style, which will undoubtedly add elegance to your living room in every manner, it also does a lot of work for you in terms of controlling the temperature in your living space.
Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant are all supported. It can be used with a variety of air conditioners, including mini-split, window, and portable models.
Its simple software allows you to control the heating and cooling of your home from your smartphone or tablet. You can easily schedule and automate your air conditioners to save money on energy costs by doing so.
- Brand: Mysa
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 0.8 x 3 x 4.5 inches
- Item Weight: 460 Grams
- Controller Type: Remote Control, Voice Control
- Connectivity Protocol: Wi-Fi
- Mysa works with small split, windows, and portable air conditioners and replaces your current LCD remote. For Mysa to work, your remote must display more than simply the temperature.
- Smart Integrations – Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit are all supported by Mysa. Keep cool, stay warm, and stay connected.
- Mysa’s quality aesthetic complements the style of your home in a subtle way.
- Mysa learns your remote’s codes and plugs into a wall socket with options for wall and tabletop mounting in 15 minutes.
- No additional bridge is required because the Wi-Fi adapter is integrated in.
- Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit are all supported.
- A simple mobile app
- Industrial style design
- The quantity of information that can be displayed on the gadget is limited by minimalist design.
- Samsung SmartThings is not supported (compatibility was added after our review)
- When compared to the thermostat you’re replacing, wiring can seem perplexing.
Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10
We expected the Cielo Breez Eco, as one of the most affordable smart AC controllers, to be lacking in certain key functions. We found it to be nearly as good as other smart controllers.
It isn’t as smart, but it has all of the capabilities you need for simple climate control. To begin, consider compatibility.
Any air conditioner with an infrared remote control will operate with Cielo Breez Eco. It could be a window unit, a mini-split, a portable air conditioner, a cassette air conditioner, or a heat pump.
Both Android and iPhone cellphones are compatible with Cielo Breez Eco. Install the free app and connect it to the controller.
Cielo Breez Eco works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa as smart assistants. For the time being, Siri and HomeKit are not supported.
- Brand: Cielo Breez
- Compatible Devices: Air Conditioner
- Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi, Infrared
- Product Dimensions: 3.43 x 2.95 x 0.75 inches
- Item Weight: 9.9 ounces
- Warranty: 1 Year
- The Cielo Breez Eco Smart AC controller works with IR remote-controlled mini-split, portable, and window air conditioners. All necessary accessories are included, including a complimentary table stand if you want to use it on a desk or table. It aids in the creation of zones for more efficient heating and cooling.
- Extremely inexpensive, with a full suite of smart capabilities and a local power on/off button in the event that Wi-Fi is unavailable. Has precise on-device temperature and humidity detection to keep your area at the optimal temperature.
- Provides real-time air filter status to guarantee a healthy home environment. To save energy and maintain a healthy home environment, create zones, set schedules, configure geo-fencing, and much more.
- iOS, Android, Web, Alexa, Google Home, or the gadget itself – there’s something for everyone. To use geo-fencing, create weekly schedules, and configure location-based controls. Cielo Breez Eco can help you save up to 25% on your air conditioning expenditures. The ‘Cielo Home’ Apps have a complete sequence of actions, ensuring that you are constantly up to date. Keep track of your weekly or monthly consumption history to meet your savings objectives.
- Cielo Breez Eco recognizes your remote control automatically and is extremely simple to set up. Cielo Wigle has a dedicated support team to assist you if you have any issues. The Cielo Wigle support staff is accessible Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The device can be wall-mounted or placed on a desk with a table stand. Everything is included.
- Cielo Breez Eco provides optimum convenience and savings by allowing you to save up to 25% on your air conditioning expenditures. A feature-packed device that pushes smart air conditioning to new heights. Cielo Apps gives you complete consumption information for your ACs.
- Google Home and Alexa are both supported.
- The app is simple to use.
- Even without wifi, the on/off control works.
- Data and statistics about usage.
- Geo-fencing + smart scheduling
- There is no support for Home Kit or Siri.
- IFTTT integration isn’t available.
What are the Basic Functions of the Air Conditioner Controller?
Smart AC controller provides great advantages to smart AC users. It’s a time-worthy invention. Now you can avail yourself of the voice control, automation, and energy efficiency features of a temperature controller.
The air conditioner controller comes with the latest technology to make temperature control more flexible and convenient. The basic functions that the smart air conditioner controller includes are explored below.
Control Of ON/OFF Compressor
A vapor compression refrigeration system’s most significant component is the compressor. The ON/OFF type of compressor was common in the past, but the DC Inverter type is the most recent technology on the market, but it is more expensive.
Depending on the specified temperature and ambient temperature, the ON/OFF compressor will turn on or off completely. A dead band of roughly 1.5 °C to 2.0 °C is usually present to prevent compressor ON-OFF cycling, which reduces its lifespan. The compressor will turn on in cooling mode.
When the room’s ambient temperature is 0.75°C greater than the set temperature (different manufacturers will have a different value). It will only turn off if the room temperature falls below 1.25 degrees Celsius (different manufacturers will have different values).
The downside of this type of compressor is that the temperature range of the cooled space is too wide, causing discomfort to the inhabitants when the compressor is on or off. Another disadvantage is that when the compressor starts, the initial current is easily a few times that of the steady-state current.
Control Of AC/DC Inverter Compressor
Because it does not have to turn off completely, the DC Inverter or AC Inverter style of control has greater control.
Depending on the load, the frequency of the compressor’s rotation might change. As a result, the room temperature of the cooled space can be fairly near to the predetermined temperature with some change most of the time.
Because the temperature is relatively steady most of the time, this form of air conditioner controller delivers more comfortable cooling to the passengers.
It’s also more energy-efficient and environmentally good, as the majority of the refrigerant is ozone-friendly. The disadvantage is that this sort of unit is more expensive than the ON/OFF type.
You can normally set the mode of operation using the mode setting button on the remote control. COOL mode, HEAT mode (if your machine is a heat pump), DRY mode, AUTO mode, or FAN mode are all options. Look up the symbols for each mode in the given document.
AUTO mode on a heat pump model is a mode that senses the temperature in the room and automatically switches between COOL and HEAT. HEAT mode will function if the room temperature is low, and COOL mode will run if the room temperature rises to a particular level.
The AUTO mode in air conditioning models, depending on the manufacturer, operates in COOL mode but with a lower set temperature to swiftly cool the room before reverting to the user’s selected temperature.
If you wish to cool the room as soon as you enter it, the COOL mode is the default setting. The air conditioner will adjust the temperature to the temperature you choose on the remote control. A temperature of 24 degrees Celsius is an energy-saving setting.
When you need to warm up a room in the winter, you’ll select HEAT mode. By using a reversing valve to reverse the refrigerant flow, the evaporator effectively becomes a condenser and vice versa in this mode.
DRY mode is a version of COOL mode in which the compressor cycles on and off (or at low speed if inverter model) for a few minutes each time the room temperature changes.
Moisture will be removed from the space as a result of this cycle, lowering the room’s humidity. This is essentially a dehumidification feature.
Some models have a fan mode. Because there is no cooling effect in this mode, it is rarely used. Only the interior fan is turned on.
The economy or sleep mode function is integrated into most air conditioner controllers. When going to sleep, this function is used.
The air conditioner device will raise the selected temperature in steps after a period of time when activated using the remote control. This is because while one sleeps, the amount of cooling required decreases.
The set temperature may increase by 1 °C after 1 hour of operation, 1.5 °C after 1.5 hours of operation, and 2.0 °C after 2 hours of operation, depending on the manufacturer. Save electricity by using this mode.
Auto Random Restart
Most room air conditioner units now include an ionizer as standard equipment. It contains a high-voltage electrical module that ionized the surrounding air with negative ions and is positioned in the indoor unit.
These ions will attract dust and other impurities from the return air, ensuring that the fan coil unit only emits fresh, clean air. Keep in mind that the module will need to be replaced after a specific number of hours of operation to maintain its performance.
Most units will also feature timers that you may use to turn the unit ON or OFF based on the remote control’s clock. Some basic units lack a clock but do include delay timers that allow you to choose the number of hours to wait before turning the machine on or off.
The fan speed can usually be set to Low, Medium, High, or Auto. The Auto mode includes a clever built-in that determines the fan speed based on the room temperature and the selected temperature.
If the temperature difference between the two is large, a faster speed is employed; if the difference is small, a slower speed is utilized.
In the event of a power outage, the auto-random restart mechanism will keep the settings of the controls. When power is restored, the air conditioner will return to its previous settings, with the compressor powering up at random intervals. This is an important characteristic to look for before purchasing the device.
The air louver function assists in directing airflow in the desired direction. Most controllers have at least an up-and-down air control. Some units may also have control over the left and right louvers.
Fundamental Considering Factors While Buying the Best Smart AC Controller
You may have to consider several common factors while buying the smart AC controller including
- Warranty and so on.
A smart AC controller is required if you have a non-smart air conditioner and want to control it with your smartphone or a smart assistant.
When purchasing an intelligent controller, the most crucial factor to consider is connectivity and compatibility.
Check to see what kind of wifi the controller uses and which smart assistants it supports. Alexa and Google Assistant can both be used with most smart controllers. A handful is also Siri-compatible.
You’ll have a hard time finding a HomeKit-compatible smart AC controller, just as you will with smart ACs.
Check to see if the controller is compatible with your air conditioner. Only air conditioners with an infrared remote control function with smart controllers.
How Does a Smart AC Controller Work?
Smart air conditioner controllers are devices that give your dumb air conditioner a brain. The AC controller communicates with your air conditioner using infrared technology, allowing you to add smart controls.
Some units can also link to your current smart home integrations, giving you complete control over your entire home.
You can link them to your existing smart home devices and technologies to improve your appliances without having to buy new ones. They can be used with any remote-controlled air conditioner, including mini splits, portable air conditioners, and window units.
A smart AC controller connects to an app on your phone through WiFi, simulating the infrared signal from your air conditioner’s remote. As a result, you can use a smartphone app to control your air conditioner.
Our Final Recommendation for You
Overall Best Air Conditioner Controller in 2023
In this article, we’ve discussed the buying guide for the best smart air conditioner controller. Besides we have mentioned the recommended smart AC controller: Ecobee3 Lite.
Ultimately, smart ac controllers are a temporary fix to bridge the gap between old appliances and new smart technology. Before long, most new appliances will ship with integrated WiFi, eliminating the need for these smart controllers.
This is especially true since one-way communication between the controller and the cooling unit is a limiting factor.
However, before they go the way of the dodo bird, they are a good way to bring your home into smarter territory without buying all new appliances.
How Can I Control My Air Conditioner Remotely?
The remote control of an AC is now easy and it’s getting more common nowadays. If you want to control your air conditioner remotely over the internet, just use a companion app for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
Can I Control My Ac With My Phone?
With only a single tap on your smartphone screen, you can control anything! You can purchase a smart air conditioner with built-in innovative capability, but they are pretty expensive and have limited features. You can also make it smart by using a ductless AC controller or thermostat.
Do I Need a Controller for Each AC Unit?
Yes. You’ll need a controller for each air conditioner unit if you have more than one. Because both the controller and the remote use infrared technology, they rely on line-of-sight communication.
As a result, each controller must be visible from your air conditioner. However, there are various alternatives for mounting them, including mounting them to a wall or mounting them on a stand. You can arrange them as you want to depend on what works best in your environment.
Can I Control My AC Using Alexa or Google Assistant?
Yes, as long as you have an intelligent or smart air conditioner or a classic air conditioner connected to a smart air conditioner controller.