Are you tired of sweating in your small room during hot summer days? Well, look no further than the Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner!
In this article, we’re going to dive into a review of this portable air conditioner, sharing our thoughts on its performance, features, and overall value for your money.
So, grab a cold drink and settle in as we dive into the features and benefits of this incredible air conditioning unit. Definitely, you’re ready to say goodbye to sweltering summer days and hello to refreshing coolness.
Let’s get started!
Notable Aspect of Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner
With its impressive portability, easy-to-use features, and efficient cooling capabilities, it’s the perfect solution for your cooling needs. In this section, I will discuss some crucial aspects of the Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner.
Keep reading for a detailed review of this must-have summer appliance!
Installation & Setup
The Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner is relatively easy to install, with a venting kit included in the package. The unit can be set up in minutes without the need for professional installation.
You can follow these sequential steps to set up a black-decker portable air conditioner.
- Choose a location for the air conditioner that is near a window and has an electrical outlet nearby.
- Attach the exhaust hose to the back of the air conditioner and secure it with the provided screws. The other end of the hose should be attached to the window venting kit.
- Adjust the venting kit to fit your window and then connect the exhaust hose to it.
- Plug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
- Press the power button on the control panel or the remote control to turn on the air conditioner.
- Use the digital display panel or the remote control to adjust the temperature, fan speed, and other settings as per your preference.
Design & Features
The Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner comes in a sleek design and is compact enough to fit in any room. It has a digital display panel that allows users to adjust the temperature and fan speed easily. Thus, you will get these comprehensive features in the Black + Decker portable air conditioner.
- Cooling capacity
- Digital display
- Auto evaporation system
- Remote control
- Dehumidifier function
- Sleep mode
- Multiple fans speed
- Energy-saving mode
- Caster wheels
- Eco-friendly refrigerant
The Black + Decker portable air conditioners are designed to provide powerful cooling, even in the hottest temperatures. They use a refrigerant called R410A, which is designed to be more environmentally friendly than older refrigerants.
They also feature a dehumidifying function, which can remove up to 75 pints of moisture per day, making them a great choice for humid climates.
One thing to keep in mind is that portable air conditioners are generally less efficient than window-mounted or central air conditioning systems. They require more energy to cool the same area, so you may see an increase in your energy bill if you use them frequently.
However, if you only need to cool a specific room or two, a ventless portable air conditioner can be a more affordable and convenient option than a larger system.
The Black + Decker portable air conditioners are available in a range of BTU options, from 8,000 to 14,000. The BTU rating refers to the cooling power of the air conditioner. A higher BTU rating means the air conditioner can cool a larger area, but it also means it will use more energy.
The 8,000 BTU air conditioner is designed for rooms up to 150 square feet, making it perfect for small bedrooms or home offices.
On the other hand, the 10,000 BTU air conditioner can cool rooms up to 250 square feet, while the 12,000 BTU air conditioner can cool rooms up to 350 square feet.
Finally, the 14,000 BTU air conditioner is the most powerful option and can cool rooms up to 500 square feet.
|BTUs||Square Feet Range||Ideal For|
|8,000 BTU||Up to 150 square feet||Small Bedrooms or Home Offices|
|10,000 BTU||Up to 250 square feet||Medium-sized Bedrooms|
|12,000 BTU||Up to 350 square feet||Living Rooms|
|14,000 BTU||Up to 500 square feet||Large Living Areas|
- Cooling power: 8000 BTU to 14,000 BTU
- Room size: Can cool rooms up to 350 square feet
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 8.9
- Airflow: 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Noise level: 75 decibels (dB) on high setting
- Dehumidifying capacity: 3.8 pints per hour
- Exhaust hose: Includes a 5-foot hose that can be extended up to 7 feet
- Dimensions: 17.1 inches x 13.8 inches x 28.1 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 68.3 pounds
- Power consumption: 115 volts, 11.8 amps, 1350 watts
- Control options: Includes remote control, LED display panel, and timer function
- Filter: Washable and reusable filter
According to Google Trends, you can observe the demand and most popular region for Black+Decker portable air conditioners.
Pros & Cons of Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner
The Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner is a mobile air conditioning unit that is designed to provide cool and comfortable air in small to medium-sized rooms.
While it offers a convenient solution for cooling a room, it also has some potential drawbacks, such as higher energy consumption and noise levels compared to traditional window-mounted air conditioning units.
In this section, you can explore some significant pros and cons of the Black+Decker portable air conditioner.
- Portability: It can be easily moved from room to room, providing cooling relief wherever you need it.
- Easy installation: Portable air conditioners typically don’t require permanent installation, and the Black+Decker models are no exception. They come with a window kit that can be installed in most standard windows, and the exhaust hose can be quickly and easily attached to the kit.
- Energy efficiency: The Black+Decker models offer an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of up to 8.9, which can help save on energy costs.
- Multiple functions: In addition to cooling, many portable air conditioners, including the Black+Decker models, also offer dehumidifying and fan functions, providing versatile air quality control options.
- User-friendly controls: Black+Decker portable air conditioners often come with remote controls, LED display panels, and programmable timers, making it easy to customize your comfort level.
- Washable and reusable filter: The washable and reusable filter can help save money and reduce waste by eliminating the need for frequent replacements.
- Noise: The noise level is typically measured in decibels (dB) and can range from around 50 dB to 80 dB or higher depending on the model.
- Energy efficiency: Portable air conditioners are generally less energy-efficient than window units or central air systems, and the Black+Decker models are no exception. This means that they can consume more energy and lead to higher electricity bills, especially if they are used frequently.
- Limited cooling capacity: While Black+Decker portable air conditioners can cool rooms of up to 350 square feet, they may struggle to cool larger spaces effectively.
- Limited range: Black+Decker portable air conditioners typically come with an exhaust hose that can be extended up to 7 feet, so they may not be suitable for rooms with limited window access or large distances between the unit and the window. This can make installation and use more difficult.
- Water drainage: Black+Decker portable air conditioners require regular draining of the condensate water, which may be inconvenient for some users.
Maintenance Cost of Black+Decker Portable Air Conditioner
Maintaining a Black+Decker portable air conditioner involves several steps to ensure its efficient operation and longevity.
One of the most crucial aspects of maintenance is cleaning or replacing the air filter regularly, as this component collects dust and debris that can reduce airflow and increase energy consumption.
Checking and cleaning the drain pan and drain line is also important, as these components remove excess moisture from the air and prevent leaks or other issues.
Additionally, inspecting the condenser coils and cleaning them if necessary can help maintain the unit’s efficiency. It’s worth considering having the portable air conditioner professionally serviced every one to two years to identify any potential issues and prolong its lifespan.
While maintenance costs can vary depending on usage habits and the specific model, regular upkeep is essential to keep the unit running smoothly and avoid costly repairs or replacements.
!!Our Evaluation Based On Our Observation!!
|Factors||Marking (Our Estimation)|
⛏Pick Your Required One⛏
|BLACK+DECKER 8,000 BTU|
Best for Small Bedrooms
|BLACK+DECKER 10,000 BTU|
Best for Medium Bedrooms
|BLACK+DECKER 12,000 BTU|
Best for Living Rooms
|BLACK+DECKER 14,000 BTU|
Best for Large Living Areas
That’s a wrap on our review of the Black + Decker Portable Air Conditioner! We’ve covered everything from its sleek design to its impressive cooling performance, and we have to say, we’re pretty impressed. This portable AC unit is the real deal, and it’s definitely a game-changer when it comes to beating the heat.
So if you’re in the market for a new air conditioner, we highly recommend checking out the Black + Decker Portable Air Conditioner. It’s a top-performing unit that won’t let you down, and we think you’ll love it just as much as we do!
You Can Take a Tour: