Well, it seems like you are a little bit confused to choose the space heater for your living space this winter. And in this case, your first and foremost priority is whether it is safe or not for your home, isn’t it? It’s also essential to have a power-efficient electric space heater for a large room that consumes less electricity so that you can save your pocket.
Are space heaters safe? Yes, the space heaters are safe for home. I would say, although there are several opinions on what is the safest space heater, you need to make sure that what makes them the safest space heater for your home and the awareness of the space heater safety tips.
|Best Spot Hitting|
Get It Now
|Best Oil-filled Space Heater|
Get It Now
|Best Infrared Space Heater|
Dr Infrared Heater DR998
Get It Now
Besides, it’s recommended to install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your house. These items offer comfort whether or not you’re using a space heater. The NFPA offers installation advice for smoke detectors and installation guides for carbon monoxide detectors. To make sure they are functioning properly, test them frequently.
But now the more important question is what is the safest space heater for your living room or bedroom? You’ll get numerous answers to this question on Google, Quora, and other sites which suggest different types of space heaters. Some suggest with their hand-on-hand experiences that they feel safe with their running one whatever type of space heater it is.
7 Best Safest Space Heaters to Keep You Warm Overnight
If you ask which is the best space heater for safety, these 7 safest space heaters including the most affordable space heater should be on your checklist.
|Best For||Space Heater||Price||Check Out|
|Best Spot Hitting||Vornado VMH600||$169.99||Buy Now|
|Best Oil-filled Space Heater||DeLonghi TRD40615T||$199.99||Buy Now|
|Best Infrared Space Heater||Dr Infrared Heater DR998||$146.69||Buy Now|
|Best for Children & Pets||Lasko AW300 Bladeless Ceramic Tower||$102.57||Buy Now|
|Best for Heating Entire Room||Comfort Zone CZ499R||$91.33||Buy Now|
|Best Flat Panel Space Heater (Bathroom)||EconoHome Wall Mount Space Heater||$99.00||Buy Now|
|Most Affordable Space Heater||Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater||$39.88||Buy Now|
Vornado VMH600 Whole Room Stainless Steel Heater with Auto Climate Control and Remote
The VMH600, the top model in Vornado’s line of steel heaters, provides the highest levels of efficiency and comfort while enhancing your decor. This space heater is the safest heater for your family. It not only raises the look and feel of the ordinary house heater but also does its job remarkably well.
It has a metal case, two LED displays for cross-room viewing, a remote control, covert cord management, auto-climate control, and our distinctive Whole Room Vortex Heat Circulation. A 5-year satisfaction guarantee, a metal inlet grill that prevents dust (and fingers) from entering, and other safety measures provide cozy comfort and peace of mind.
- Heat Differently: On a smaller scale than a forced air furnace, gently warm the air in a small to medium-sized space through vortex air circulation without utilizing excessive heat. 12.5 high heat amps and 6.25 low heat amps
- Auto Climate Control: Intelligently determines how much heat and circulation are required to maintain the desired temperature and automatically makes the necessary adjustments so you don’t have to.
- Heat Efficiently: Adjust the temperature to your preferred level of comfort by using the touch-sensitive controls to choose between the two heat settings (Low/750W and High/1500W) the fan-only setting, and the 12-hour timer.
- Heat Safely: For worry-free operation, the advanced safety features include a cool-touch exterior, tip-over protection, and a 2-stage automatic safety shut-off.
- A customer service staff situated in Andover, Kansas, provides superior support that is backed by a five-year hassle-free guarantee.
- Built to comply with U.S. voltage standards. exclusively for use in the United States; certified; safety-tested, and warranted.
DeLonghi TRD40615T Full Room Radiant Heater-Mechanical-TRD40615T, 10″w x 15″d x 26″h, White
The De’Longhi TRD40615T is perfect for larger places since it provides even heating without hot spots or blowing heat, and it gives full-room heat that feels just like your furnace. It will easily remove the chill from the air. The most popular and safest oil-filled space heater is De’Longhi TRD40615T. You can also check De’Longhi DeLonghi TRD40615E which is safe for home use.
Patented Thermal Chimneys increase heat transfer while keeping the surface temperature low. It is robust and requires no maintenance because it is made of high-quality steel. In fact, because it is permanently sealed, it will never leak or need to be refilled.
Additionally, the heater is automatically warmed up by the antifreeze standby setting when the temperature drops below 40F. With its pre-assembled, patented Smart Snap wheels, the De’Longhi Dragon Radiant Heater is portable and allows you to heat only the space you’re in, allowing you to lower the thermostat and cut your energy costs.
- Up to (square feet): 144 for rooms. The cable is 6 feet long and has a heating capacity of 1500 watts.
- Best for medium-sized to big rooms that require regular heating during the winter
- patented, high-quality steel assembly Never has to be refilled is a permanently sealed oil reservoir.
- For a quicker heat-up, up to 40% more heat surface
- Patented thermal chimneys are designed to maintain a low surface temperature while maximizing heat flow
- On/off timer for 24 hours: You can adjust the temperature to suit your needs thanks to the thermostat’s three heat settings.
- Patented clever snap wheels perfectly snap into place without assembly
- 3 years from the date of production
Dr Infrared Heater DR998, 1500W, Advanced Dual Heating System with Humidifier and Oscillation Fan and Remote Control
Similar to how sunlight warms things, the Dr. Infrared Heater warms things rather than air. The infrared heat is comfortable and energy-efficient, using all of the heat generated with little to no heat transfer loss at a cheap cost. This safest space heater is powerful and you can use it in a large room easily to heat up.
This heater has a replaceable filter that is simple to clean and replace, giving you a fresh start each time you use it. It is designed to last you through several winters. The oscillation function quickly and evenly disperses warm, wet air throughout your entire area, and the integrated silent ultrasonic humidifier adds much-needed moisture to the dry winter air. Can be used as a humidifier or as a fan, making it perfect for the humid summer months.
- A dual heating system can be used to warm up a big room: PTC and an infrared quartz tube. Overheat protection and tip-over protection
- A cool mist is produced by the built-in humidifier to bring much-needed humidity to the dry winter air.
- The oscillation feature quickly and evenly disperses heat across your entire space.
- Can be used as a humidifier or a fan, and is ideal for summer.
- range of a digital thermostat: 50 to 85 degrees. uses a water bottle rather than a tank of water. The lifetime filter is simple to remove and clean. can’t hurt kids or animals. After being removed from the unit’s back, the filter can be cleaned with warm water or a vacuum.
- A 1500W portable heater with a dual heating system that includes both infrared and ceramic heating elements is the DR-998 Portable Infrared Space Heater. For ease of operation, this heater has a remote control and a humidifier attachment. The humidifier can be operated either with or without the heating component of the heater switched on, and the heater can also be operated in fan-only mode. The heater may be moved easily from room to room thanks to its four sturdy caster wheels.
- Type of Mounting: Free Standing
Lasko Oscillating Bladeless Ceramic Tower Space Heater for Home with Enhanced Safety, Adjustable Thermostat, Filter, Timer, and Remote Control, 27 Inches, Silver, 1500W, AW300
No need to worry when your children and pets are around and you are running the space heater as Lasko AW300 Bladeless Ceramic Tower comes with great features that make it the safest space heater for children and pets.
Lasko’s Air Logic Bladeless Heater has Exclusive Heat Channels for projecting heat over a long distance. The space heater’s modern form blends seamlessly with existing home furnishings, and the multi-function remote control with onboard storage makes it easier to maintain a pleasant temperature in your room.
Easy to vacuum, the EZClick filter prolongs the life of the heater. two heat settings, an automatic thermostat mode, a timer function, and oscillation are included. Features that increase safety include automatic shutoff and safe-touch surfaces.
- High and low settings, an 8-hour timer, and an automatic thermostat with remote control are available on digital controls with simple touches.
- No visible heating element, a safe touch surface, automatic shut-off, and a tip-over safety switch are enhanced safety features; ETL certified
- To produce an immediate, homogeneous, and far-reaching heat projection, specially constructed heat channels combine heat with air.
- Powerful ceramic heat is produced using patent-pending blower technology with a low noise output.
- The heater is kept clean thanks to the permanent rear filter with the EZClick System, and the heat channels are simple to clean.
- This heater is designed to provide extra heat.
- To avoid overheating, a thermal overload protector is integrated.
- When a temperature of overheating is achieved, the heater will turn off on its own.
Comfort Zone CZ499R 1,500-Watt Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control, 90-Degree Oscillation, Backlit Digital Thermostat with Temperature Display, Timer, and Built-in Overheat Sensor
Heating huge rooms in your house with this Comfort Zone Tower Heater with Remote is effective and strong. By using this digital tower heater’s focused warmth where you need it rather than turning up the heat throughout the house, you may reduce the cost of your heating costs.
Safety is always a concern when selecting a space heater for your house. This stylish, fully functional tower heater from Comfort Zone has a ton of safety measures to make sure you can sleep comfortably warm. Your heater won’t run any longer than you want or need it to thanks to a convenient timer function with auto shut off.
It is built with a safety tip-over switch that will immediately disconnect power if it is unintentionally toppled over and a safety overheats protection sensor that stops it from getting too hot. You can easily and safely move this tower heater from room to room as needed thanks to the stay-cool body’s molded handle.
You’ll always be in control whether you prefer to control your new digital tower heater from the simple read backlit display or by using the handy remote. It’s simple to change the temperature, set the timer, choose the mode, activate the oscillation, or turn your tower heater on and off thanks to the clearly labeled buttons.
- Reduce your heating costs with this reliable and safe tower heater’s efficient performance. In medium-sized rooms, its sleek and potent 1500 Watt performance provides targeted heating.
- With its extra-large ceramic PTC heating element, 2 strong heat settings, and 80-degree oscillation, this tower heater provides extensive warmth in rooms of average size.
- Safe Heating Alternative: This digital tower heater has a stay-cool body and molded handle for safe and simple carrying, and it is operated safely thanks to a tip-over switch and overheat protection sensor.
- Convenient full-function remote control or the easily readable backlit digital display are both available for controlling the temperature, mode, timer, oscillation, and power of the tower heater.
EconoHome Wall Mount Space Heater Panel – 250 Watt Splashproof Convection Heater – Ideal for 100 Sq Ft Room or Bathroom – 120V Electric Heater – Overheat Protection
At the same electrical rating, the panel heats the space more quickly and to a higher temperature. This wall-mount heater has a heat reflector, which significantly lowers the amount of heat loss that would otherwise be absorbed by the wall. The best materials were used to build EconoHome Wall Mount Space Heater. It complies with all global safety regulations, meets UL-2021 requirements, and doesn’t release any volatile organic compounds.
This heater’s outer casing is paintable. To complement or improve the décor of any room, we advise using a no-odor, water-based, no-VOC paint of any color. This heater has NO FAN, making it perfect for people with allergies or asthma. It will also help avoid heat irritability, congestion, and dust buildup. Perfect for adults, kids, and newborns!
- Save 50% Or More On Home Heating Expenses: With our electric heater, you can cut your energy costs while being warm and comfortable. Our flat heaters use less than a third of the energy of traditional space heaters (0.25 KW/HR) and are ENERGY EFFICIENT. By using this technique, you may significantly reduce your energy costs while maintaining a steady temperature in the space.
- Specs For Convector Heaters: Ideal for a 100 square foot room or bathroom, this 250-watt, 120-volt, 2.08 amp bulb is splashproof and rated IP44. Dimensions of the panel heater are 24 x 18 x 40. ETL certified. RoHS and UL-2021 are compliant. The range of the temperature is 41–86 °F. The device can be HARD-WIRED! For safety reasons, it should be 12 inches away from water. And 3 years warranty.
- The exterior casing of this convector space heater will feel warm and is safe for adults only.
- Safe And Efficient Technology. Although the electric wall heater produces some radiant heat and maintains a constant temperature, it primarily heats the space by means of convection currents that rise from behind the heating panel.
- Updated Crack Resistant Version: This upgraded durable model is triple-reinforced and made with a superior calcium silicate material. to ensure electrical safety, triple insulated. quick to attach to any wall enjoy the beautiful sleek paintable design which blends in with any décor.
- No Fan And Quiet: People with asthma and dust allergies can enjoy the warmth without being irritated because neither the air nor the dust will circulate around the room and dry out. Ideal for all indoor spaces, including bathrooms, bedrooms, offices, garages, and recreational vehicles.
Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Space Heaters, Non-Oscillating, 754200 Silver
You can pick how much heat you want with the Lasko 1500-Watt Ceramic Compact Heater’s high and low heat settings, as well as the fan-only mode. You can maintain your favorite temperature setting with the adjustable thermostat, and the automatic overheat protection adds to your sense of security. Additionally, the heater has handy carry handles for portability.
Perfect size for warming up smaller spaces. A programmable thermostat maintains the desired temperature. With the ease of portability and safety features built in this safest space heater. Yes, it’s a fact that Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater is the cheapest space heater which also has safety features. But do you know about the alternative of an electric space heater which is the cheapest?
Well, you can also heat up your room this winter with candles without any electricity or any emergency case. In this case, it’s essential to have an idea of how many candles you need to warm up a room.
- The electric space heater’s three quiet settings: high heat, low heat, and fan only make it perfect for warming up a room in your house. This personal space heater is excellent for tiny spaces when combined with an adjustable thermostat. The item lacks a remote control.
- You can modify the heater’s 1500-watt ceramic heating element with the adjustable thermostat. You can choose a suitable setting thanks to the 11 available temperature settings. Simply set the dial to the desired heat level to experience cozy warmth.
- Convenient Carry Handle: Makes moving the space heater simple. You can take the heater from the kitchen to the bedroom or even under the desk with ease thanks to its small size and practical carry handle. Heating area: 300 square feet
- The space heater won’t overheat even if it is left on for a long period thanks to built-in safety features including overheat protection. The exterior of the space heater is cool to the touch as well. This enables the body of the space heater to remain cool even when it is turned up high.
- Fully Assembled: It enables you to remove the heater from the packaging and have it operational in a matter of minutes. Simply insert the heater into a wall socket, set the thermostat to the desired temperature, and bask in the warmth of your new Lasko space heater.
- Electric corded power source Current: 110 volts
What is the Safest Space Heater?
A safe space heater features a well-protected heating element and a tip-over safety mechanism to prevent a fire from starting. Then what is the safest space heater? The Vornado MVH 600 effectively and safely warms your space. The shell is cool to the touch, and it has an automatic shut-off for overheating and tip-overs among other safety measures. So it is the safest space heater for your home.
Three heat settings and an internal thermostat are features of the MVH 600. You can regularly maintain the temperature in your room that makes you feel comfortable. The five-year warranty on this secure space heater is a nice touch. Since the Vornado customer service team is based in the US, any service requirements can be handled quickly and without difficulty.
On the other hand, the oil-filled radiator type is also one of the safest space heaters of the three fundamental varieties. The one that resembles a radiator and is filled with oil is the safest one. Even if you place the paper on top of it, it won’t set the paper ablaze.
DeLonghi TRD40615T is an oil-filled radiator heater, to start. Compared to other types of heaters like infrared, propane, or ceramic heaters, oil-filled radiators are typically far safer. High-quality materials were used to make the heater.
The DeLonghi TRD40615T has every safety feature you might possibly need. It includes an integrated thermostat and is 24-hour programmable. It has overheat protection and tip-over protection. A very safe heater is produced by the combination of all these safety elements.
You can go through also more home appliances that are really useful in the winter like water heaters for hard water, water heaters for bathrooms, 40-gallon water heaters, 75-gallon water heaters, tankless water heaters, and propane tankless water heaters. These winter essentials are also safer to use in the home.
What Makes a Space Heater Safe for Home?
Statista report shows the space heater is the most popular and broadly used appliance for winter including single-family to large families who looks for a winter solution without the center heater system. Besides mobile houses also use the space heater considerably in the USA.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, there are around 1,200 fires caused annually by portable electric heaters. But with appropriate usage, the majority of these fires might have been easily avoided.
Besides, choosing the best space heater which has safety features is most important. Make sure the space heater you select includes built-in safeguards like:
- For tip-overs, automatic shutdown
- Integrated thermostat
- preventing overheating
- a cool-touch exterior
- grill cover certification from Underwriters Laboratories (UL) to guarantee safety testing.
Which is the Safest Between Gas & Electric Space Heater?
Compared to gas heaters, electric space heaters are typically the safer and more useful choice. Propane, kerosene, or another fuel is typically used to generate heat in gas-powered space heaters. The gas is burned as fuel by their pilot light to heat the space. Plug-in electric space warmers are compatible with common electrical wall outlets.
In addition to the usual risks associated with using a space heater, poorly ventilated rooms can result in the deadly gas carbon monoxide being produced by portable gas heaters. They frequently use an open flame and dangerous gas, making them poor options for safe indoor heating.
For indoor, outdoor, or multipurpose use, companies label their heaters. Regarding safe use, abide by all instructions provided by the manufacturer.
What are the Types of Space Heaters?
Convection, radiant, and conductive are the three basic types of space heaters available for purchase.
Convection Space Heater
Heat is produced by convection space heaters as air flows over a heating element. They gradually produce heat that lasts. Convection heaters operate quietly and could feature a fan to move heat around.
Radiant Space Heater
Radiant space heaters produce heat by circulating liquid via a network of pipes. They are a fantastic choice for expedient heating.
Conductive Space Heater
Conductive space heaters use heating elements to generate heat using electricity (usually metal coils). By making direct contact with another object or person, they generate warmth. As an illustration, heated car seats transfer heat.
Types of Safe Space Heaters
Here is the safest type of space heater for your home.
Flat Panel Heaters
Flat-panel heaters are extremely safe appliances that can be put on walls, which also helps them save space. They don’t produce a lot of heat, but a consistent heat that aids in keeping a room warm. Although they don’t produce a lot of heat, they can be used in packs to produce more if necessary.
The EconoHome Wall Mount Heater is a packable heater that is put on walls to heat a space. The EconoHome is one example of a unit that doesn’t get hot enough to harm someone who accidentally touches it. The device will get hot if you hold your hand over it for three to five seconds, but it won’t burn. Depending on the person, more than 3-5 seconds may start to have an impact.
When kids or dogs are in the house, flat-panel TVs are frequently used since they can be mounted higher off the ground and out of reach. They are also incredibly safe heating units because they won’t burn anyone who touches one for a brief length of time.
Quartz Infrared Heaters
An infrared space heater is a type of electric heating device that warms the air by radiating heat rather than through convection or conduction. Because they don’t emit combustible gases or soot that can catch fire and spread, these heaters are safer than other models.
There are two varieties of infrared heaters: metal halide and ceramic (sometimes known as “ceramic infrared”) (often called “metal halide”). Due to their lower radiation output compared to ceramic heaters, metal halide heaters have a superior safety record.
Many people believe infrared heating to be one of the safest methods of heating because it uses wavelengths to heat materials. One such really well-liked device is the Dr. Infrared Heater as the safest one. It uses infrared to heat up and has numerous built-in safety features, including tip-over and overheat safeguards.
Even though infrared heaters are safe, any heater emits heat that, if used improperly, can be harmful. Always follow the instructions that come with a heater.
Oil-Filled Space Heater
Heat is radiated out through fins on enclosed units called oil-filled heaters. They take longer to heat an area but are more cost-effective to run and emit safe, gentle, consistent heat. The well-known De’Longhi Safe Heat 1500W Portable Oil-Filled Radiator is made by De’Longhi and has numerous built-in safety features.
It is constructed with a rounded design to lower the surface temperature while maintaining good heat radiation. This is quite helpful in case someone unintentionally bumps into the device. Although it will become quite warm, it will not immediately burn anyone who unintentionally touches it, which makes it safe to use around children or dogs.
Electric Space Heaters
Although electric space heaters have a reputation for being the least safe, contemporary models have various safety measures that make them a smart option. For example, Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater, has a thermostat that can be adjusted, high and low settings, and overheat protection. The mesh screen effectively conceals the ceramic heating source so that it cannot burn anyone who touches it.
What are Space Heater Safety Tips You Must Know?
If you decide to use a space heater in your home, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) advises that you follow several basic safety precautions.
- Keeps your space heater on the floor (hard, level, nonflammable)
- Plug directly into the wall, don’t use any extension cords
- Make sure the kids and pets can’t go near the space heater
- Keep 3 feet away from combustible materials like furniture, bedding, paints, curtains, gas cans, and matches.
- Turn off the space heater when leaving the house
- Unplug it when not in use
- Pull the plug straight out from the outlet
- Check the cord for damages
- Ensure your heater is in a low-traffic area that isn’t blocking an exit.
- Don’t operate your heater near water. (Except if you’re using a waterproof bathroom space heater.)
- Don’t run your heater’s cord under a rug or carpet. It may become damaged.
- Don’t operate a heater you know is damaged.
- If you have a fuel-burning space heater, make sure your room is adequately ventilated.
- Never leave your heater unattended. Turn it off when you go to sleep.
Safest Room Heaters for Baby
It’s crucial to keep your baby’s room at a comfortable temperature. Babies’ inability to control their body temperatures and the link between sudden infant death syndrome and overheating (SIDS).
According to experts, a baby’s nursery should be between 68°F and 72°F in temperature. If you’re unable to keep your home at that temperature, ask your pediatrician for guidance on the best, safest space heater for your baby’s room. But we can suggest you Lasko AW300 Bladeless Ceramic Tower which is the safest space heater if the presence of children and pets in your home.
Is it safe to leave an electric space heater on overnight?
Run the heater for about an hour throughout the day, then check to see if the plug or cord feels warm. It may be just above room temperature or only slightly heated. Make sure nothing combustible is around and keep it away from walls and the heater.
Even though I have been running mine at night for a while, I frequently check the socket for signs of heating. On occasion, pull the plug out of the outlet and then slide it back in. This improves behavior while also cleaning the surface areas. After you’ve done this, remember to check for any heat buildup near the plug. Lastly, confirm that your heater has an integrated high-temperature cutout sensor.
How can I use my space heater safely overnight?
No matter how cozy it may sound, we don’t suggest leaving your space heater on all night. Instead, put it on a timer for one or two hours to aid with your sleep, and then let your blankets take care of the rest.
A portable space heater consumes a lot of energy to produce all that heat. A loose connection from improper plugging can cause a fire. If they are close enough, they can also melt plastic or ignite materials like fabric.
You know it’s not about the safest type, it’s all about the safest features & the safety tips you follow.
Considering the safety features like the UL, ETL, or CSA International insignia, heating capacity, thermostat, fan, remote control, and users’ reviews, Vornado VMH600 is the safest space heater to make you warm without any hesitation. The auto climate control feature of Vornado makes it a worthy choice. Oh!! One more thing is that to keep you safe as well as your family, there are no other options without maintaining the proper guidelines and safety while using your space heater.
Best Overall Safest Space Heater for Home
You want heat, not intensity, from space heaters. The quantity of power at the plug outlet, which is typically 1500 to 1800 watts, limits how high the temperature can go with a smaller heater. In conclusion, safer heaters like a large “milk parlor” style heater or an oil-filled heater produce the most heat while remaining comparatively cooler than a little under-desk heater that quickly becomes extremely hot.
Despite using the same amount of power as the larger heaters, the smaller, hotter heaters are as harmful as or even more so than the others. Use common sense when it comes to safe areas and combustible items, and look for a tip-over cutoff switch.