You could have to take a chilly shower if you don’t have an EcoSmart tankless water heater! Curious to learn more about it? Okay, let’s take a tour of this article.
Here, you will get a detailed guide on the EcoSmart tankless water heater including the top 5 EcoSmart tankless water heaters.
You see, tank-style water heaters can only produce a certain amount of hot water, whereas a tankless heater like the EcoSmart can continuously produce scalding water.
I will explore this sleek, no-nonsense tankless water heater in-depth and objectively through this review. If it isn’t on your shortlist currently, the EcoSmart is definitely worth a second look.
Why Should You Choose EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater?
EcoSmart wants to create and market high-quality, cost-effective green energy solutions for consumers.
The field of water heating is where EcoSmart mostly focuses. Since energy used to heat water can make up as much as 25% of the average energy bill due to antiquated practices like tank storage, it is their mission to help consumers save money.
When compared to a storage tank, EcoSmart’s proprietary self-modulating technology can help clients save up to 50% on their water heating costs.
The secret to energy conservation for customers and the environment is on-demand hot water. This is the driving force behind EcoSmart’s creation of a whole array of tankless technology for different residential and business applications.
Patented Self-Modulating Technology
With the exception of the POU models, all EcoSmart electric tankless water heaters activate at .25 GPM and use Flow Sensor technology. To match the demand for hot water, the flow sensor regulates energy use. Instead of modulating, flow switch activation turns on or off the power to the heating components to turn the device on.
On the other hand, currently available tankless water heaters use a flow switch to function. When hot water is required, the flow switch is activated by being pushed or moved by the water flow. The majority of flow switches are made to turn on the devices at flow rates between ¾ to 1 GPM.
Except for POU versions, all EcoSmart electric tankless water heaters have a digital display that shows the outlet water temperature setting.
The digital temperature control has a range of 80 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and may be changed to 1degrees Fahrenheit. You may set the temperature controls and forget about them.
Heat Exchangers & Elements
The components that the water flows through to heat up are heat exchangers and elements. The exchangers contain the components, which are used to heat the water.
Standard heating elements composed of either copper or stainless steel are included with all EcoSmart electric tankless water heaters. To avoid electrolysis and make it simple to screw in and out, these elements have a brass cap that fits over the top of the exchangers, which can also be constructed of copper or stainless steel depending on the model.
These components are frequently enclosed with a poly-plastic exchanger, which reduces energy efficiency and increases heat dissipation. EcoSmart tankless water heaters contain heat exchangers and standard, dependable elements that are 99.8% efficient at using energy.
The unit’s simplicity and the way its various parts work together as a whole are taken into account in the overall design in order to maximize functionality, serviceability, and longevity.
Instead of a manually resettable thermostat, all EcoSmart electric tankless water heaters have an automated reset feature. For the installer and user’s convenience, all components are integrated, and easy connections are used.
Every EcoSmart tankless water heater complies with UL 499 and is ETL CERTIFIED. This symbol ensures a safe and dependable product and serves as evidence of conformity with North American safety requirements.
Customers should check the certification of the electric tankless water heater before purchasing it to verify compliance with safety standards. An independent agency for product safety certification called Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) creates standards and test methods for electrical heating appliances like tankless water heaters.
The purpose of the CSA is to create strict standards for the performance and safety of electrical and electronic equipment. Although adherence to these standards is not required, doing so is advantageous for businesses and customers and further proves that EcoSmart satisfies safety requirements.
Notable Features of EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater
- Precision Control: The capacity to raise the temperature of the water leaving the system in 1-degree increments.
- Self-Modulating Technology: The unit adjusts how much electricity it uses depending on how much hot water is needed. This enables the appliance to provide hot water while using less energy.
- Digital Temperature Display: The precise temperature of the water as it exits the water heater will be displayed on the digital temperature display.
- Compact Size: The EcoSmart Eco27 can fit into small places because of its svelte, compact design.
- Unlimited On-Demand Hot Water & Consistent: You will get unlimited hot water and never-ending hot water when you need it; Efficiency and consistency are guaranteed within one degree of the chosen temperature thanks to continuously monitor water temperature and controlled flow rates.
- Saving Space: EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters can be mounted on a wall or at the point of use, and they are 90% smaller than conventional tank heaters.
- Save Energy: Compared to tank heaters, which maintain the water at a constant temperature even when not in use, EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters only heat the water when it is necessary, making them 99% more energy-efficient thermally. The Department of Energy claims that you can reduce your water heating costs by up to 50%.
Benefits of EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater
- Installation: Although they do demand a significant amount of electricity to run, electric tankless water heaters are made to be housed indoors and do not require the pricey venting that a gas tankless indoor heater does.
- Performance: All EcoSmart electric tankless water heaters activate at .25 GPM and use Flow Sensor technology. To match the demand for hot water, the flow sensor regulates energy use.
- Easy Maintenance: Even though installation must be done by a professional, upkeep is simple enough for the average person to handle. You only need a screwdriver to maintain your EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater functionality, making repairs simple and affordable.
- Lifetime Warranty: The guarantee will only be valid if the equipment is professionally fitted soon after purchase. The EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater is covered by a lifetime warranty should any part malfunction and require repair if you take the time to double-check that everything is in working condition.
5 Best EcoSmart Tankless Water Heaters to Share the Warmth
We’re here to help since it’s important to conduct your research before making such a serious approach.
This section will cover the benefits and drawbacks of each model as well as the features and technical details of the top 5 EcoSmart tankless water heaters.
|Products||Ideal for||Pricing Details|
|EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater||Bathroom, Small Sink, Office||BUY NOW|
|EcoSmart ECO 27 Tankless Water Heater||Whole-Home||BUY NOW|
|EcoSmart Water Heater Booster||Under Sink Dishwasher||BUY NOW|
|EcoSmart Tankless Gas Water Heater||Bathroom or Whole Home||BUY NOW|
|Ecosmart ECO MINI Tank Water Heater||Garage, Outdoor Kitchen, or RV||BUY NOW|
A tankless electric water heater with a 13-kilowatt capacity, the EcoSmart ECO 11 is perfect for delivering hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office break room, and other point-of-use or low-flow applications.
Depending on the temperature of the incoming water, it can deliver between 1.3 and 3.1 gallons per minute. With EcoSmart, you may use less water and energy while still getting the warm water you require whenever you need it, so you will be happier.
- Brand: EcoSmart
- Capacity: 2 Gallons
- Power Source: 54 AMP
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 3.75 x 8 x 11.5 inches
- Color: White
Customer Reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars (4,524 ratings)
- Unlimited On-Demand Hot Water & Consistent: You will always have access to hot water when you need it. Thanks to constant water temperature monitoring and controlled flow rates, efficiency, and consistency are ensured to be within one degree of the desired temperature.
- EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters can be mounted on a wall or at the point of use, and they are 90% smaller than conventional tank heaters. 11.5 x 8 x 3.75 inches in size
- Save Energy: Tankless electric water heaters made by EcoSmart are 99% thermally efficient; Unlike a tank heater, which keeps the water heated even when not in use, a water heater only heats water when it is needed.
- Saving Space: EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters and can be placed on a wall or at the point of usage.
- Refer to the size guide to choose the appropriate option for your needs. EcoSmart ECO 11 Sizing is a 13-kilowatt tankless electric water heater that is perfect for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office break room, and other point-of-use or low-flow applications.
The EcoSmart ECO 27 is a 27 kW tankless electric water heater that is best suited for modest whole-home applications with cooler input water temperatures as well as bigger residences in warm climes.
Depending on the temperature of the inflow water, it can deliver between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons per minute. You will be more content with EcoSmart because it allows you to use less water and energy while still providing you with the warm water you need whenever you need it.
- Brand: EcoSmart
- Capacity: 3 Gallons
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 17 x 3.5 x 17 inches
- Color: White
Customer Reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars (4,658 ratings)
- Unlimited On-Demand Hot Water & Consistent: Never-ending hot water when you need it. Efficiency and consistency are guaranteed within one degree of the chosen temperature thanks to continuously monitoring water temperature and controlled flow rates.
- Saving Space: EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters can be mounted on a wall or at the point of use, and they are 90% smaller than conventional tank heaters. 17 x 17 x 3.75 inches in size
- Save Energy: Almost 99% of thermal energy-efficient EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters only heat water when it is needed, as opposed to tank heaters that keep the water at a constant temperature even when not in use. The Department of Energy claims that you can reduce your water heating costs by up to 50%.
- Refer to the sizing map for the EcoSmart ECO 27. Refer to the sizing guide to choose the right option. Requires 3×40 AMP Double Pole Breakers, a 27-kilowatt tankless electric water heater that is perfect for providing hot water for whole-home applications; it can produce between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons of water per minute depending on the temperature of the inlet water.
- Limited lifetime warranty on the exchanger, element, and electronics; UL-499 certification; ETL listing.
- Number of required breakers: three 40 Amp Double Pole
- 200 Amps is the recommended electrical panel.
Your existing gas or electric tank will become 45% more effective and perform to the level of a much larger tank because of integrating EcoSmart Water Heater Booster.
In order to supply extra hot water, designed to work with a tank. Add SmartBoost from EcoSmart to your new or existing hot water heater to get the most out of it.
For one modest fee, you may obtain more power and hot water while also saving a lot on the installation costs of bigger tanks. Additionally, you’ll never have to stress about finding room for a large tank.
- Brand: EcoSmart
- Power Source: 30 AMP
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 3.75 x 8 x 11.25 inches
- Color: White
- Wattage: 7200 watts
Customer Reviews: 4.0 out of 5 stars (30 ratings)
- Ensured to increase deliverable hot water by up to 45%
- Integrated with adjustable activation temperature 80-130F
- Included an adjustable outlet temperature of 80-140F
This tankless water heater is perfectly designed for up to 4 bathrooms which can simultaneously receive continuous hot water from a tankless water heater.
The EcoSmart Tankless Gas Water Heater has a wireless digital thermostat that can be placed practically anywhere in the house that is convenient. Schedule 40 PVC is used in this heater’s direct-vent construction for a versatile, affordable venting installation.
It has a 0.93 uniform energy factor and only heats water when it is required. This small heater not only meets the criteria for the ENERGY STAR program but also many rebate programs’ requirements.
- Brand: EcoSmart
- Capacity: 9.5 Gallons
- Power Source: Wind-Powered
- Style: Modern
- Integrated with an all-copper heat exchanger
- Designed with intelligent electronic controls to increase energy efficiency and safety
- When used, the water savings setting can help homes save up to 9.5 gallons by reducing water flow through the pipes until the temperature is at the set point for the heater.
- Low flow fixture compatibility – A first for the industry, the flow rates of 9.5 Gallons guarantee the user will have access to hot water even under low demand circumstances.
- Included a self-diagnostic system for easy installation and service
- Integrated with a digital display that shows temperature settings and maintenance codes
Water can be saved by avoiding the delay for hot water to reach the faucet. Install this EcoSmart ECO MINI Tank Water Heater at the sink by simply tapping into the water supply.
Install the EcoSmart heater in line with a more extensive hot water source, like a tankless heater or a storage tank heater, when you want to remove the wait for hot water but require more volume. These small, lightweight devices plug into a typical 110-volt outlet.
- Brand: EcoSmart
- Capacity: 2.5 Gallons
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 17 x 10.9 x 10.9 inches
- Color: White
Customer Reviews: 4.5 out of 5 stars (703 ratings)
- Sleek and compact design
- Designed with a digital output temperature display
- Around 99.8% of energy efficient
- Manufactured in the United States
- Capable of storing up to 2.6 Gallons of water to supply hot water.
What Are the Types of EcoSmart Tankless Water Heaters?
Since tankless water heaters save space, are more energy-efficient, and are generally better for the environment, tankless water heaters are a recent product that is in high demand.
The EcoSmart and the Rheem Performance tankless water heater are fairly comparable products. Both are typically regarded as the top tankless electric water heaters available today.
These appliances are also referred to as demand-type or instantaneous water heaters and give their users hot water whenever they need it. In this market, EcoSmart water heaters are available in 6 different types.
Tankless Electric Water Heaters
A tankless electric water heater with self-modulating technology, the EcoSmart point-of-use thermostatic series model number 4T only uses the energy required for each use.
The POU 4T and POU 6T variants are equally suitable for bathrooms, wet bars, and office breakrooms and are excellent for handwashing in cooler climes. For example, EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater will be the best choice for the tankless electric water heater.
Tankless Gas Water Heaters
Designed for infinite hot water, ultra-low NOx, and mid-efficiency tankless gas water heaters. Hot-start programming reduces “cold water sandwich” a fluctuation in water temperature that occurs during periods of frequent on/off operation.
When used the water savings setting can help homes save up to 1,100 gallons of water annually by reducing the flow of water through the pipes until the temperature is at the set point for the heater.
In this case, you can try EcoSmart Tankless Gas Water Heater to get the best experience.
Tankless gas water heaters with high-efficiency condensing technology are made to provide limitless hot water. Dual heat exchangers are used in condensing tankless heaters to maximize the system’s utilization of energy.
In this regard, ESGH-95 Indoor Direct Vent Condensing Tankless Gas Water Heater will be the top-rated condensing tankless EcoSmart water heater.
Water Heater Boosters
A device that can be connected to your current hot water heater is called a hot water heater booster. It is designed to work with a tank in order to supply extra hot water.
You can choose SmartBoost from EcoSmart for your new or existing hot water heater to get the most out of it. Your existing gas or electric tank will become 45% more effective and perform to the level of a much larger tank thanks to SmartBoost.
You can find good things in tiny containers. From your garage or outdoor kitchen to your recreational vehicle, EcoSmart ECO MINI 2.5 delivers hot water exactly where you need it.
This handy little problem-solver offers warmth wherever you go. By avoiding the delay for hot water to reach the faucet, water can be saved.
Pool & Spa Heaters
For on-demand pool heating, the Smart POOL Series like Smart Pool 27 can deliver a temperature increase of 1° to 1.5° F every hour.
Rather than the conventional pressure switch activation and contactors, EcoSmart Pool Heaters use the most recent flow sensor technology. It will help to boost functionality and dependability while lowering the danger of burned components.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing an EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater?
A smart home improvement is switching from a conventional water tank to an EcoSmart tankless electric water heater.
Tankless electric water heaters promise a greener, more durable, and technologically advanced water heating system while lowering water heating expenses in households by up to 50%, saving money and space.
To choose the right EcoSmart tankless water heater, you should consider the following factors.
When choosing the best water heater for the job, EcoSmart considers a number of variables. A homeowner in Minnesota would be advised to order the ECO 27 for the identical application, whereas a resident in Southern Florida, where the inlet water temperature is 77 degrees, would use an ECO 11 to heat one faucet and one shower.
The rationale is that models with more power are needed to heat the water in colder climates, such as Minnesota, where the input temperature is 37 degrees. In North America, EcoSmart provides 11 variants for various tankless electric applications.
Gallons Per Minute (GPM)
Start by finding the hue of your North American region on the map and the sizing guide. Determine how many fixtures will require hot water to flow at once next.
This will provide you with an estimate of your gallons per minute (GPM) and assist you in choosing the best model. Make sure you have the necessary electrical service to support the model you choose by checking its electrical requirements.
Even on the coldest days, EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters provide an unending supply of hot water. Rheem’s top brand EcoSmart offers the most cutting-edge, self-modulating technology on the market right now.
Each unit has digital temperature controls with 1-degree increments and regulates energy use based on needs. “Set it and forget it” is that easy to do!
EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are among the most energy-efficient and cutting-edge devices available since they are made specifically for each application, environment, and home size.
How Much Does It Cost to Install an EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless heater installation typically costs between $4,500 and $6,500, with an average cost of roughly $5,500. (including the water heater, warranty, and tune-ups).
Without the unit, the tankless installation can be anywhere from $1800 to $3500, with an average price of around $2650. The typical pricing point for a gas-powered unit will be closer to $3,500.
Labor rates are one of the major factors. According to data from Energy Sage, an electric tankless water heater will likely cost roughly $2,500, this price covers both the equipment and the installation.
How Long Do EcoSmart Tankless Water Heaters Last?
Due to their 90% smaller size compared to tank-style heaters, EcoSmart electric tankless water heaters may be installed practically everywhere.
Compared to other types of water heaters, tankless water heaters have a lifespan of over 20 years. The lifespan of tanks is 10–12 years. A limited lifetime warranty from EcoSmart ensures that you will use this product for a very long period.
Some Drawbacks of EcoSmart Tankless Water Heaters
EcoSmart tankless water heaters have a variety of advantages over traditional tank-style water heaters. What are some of the EcoSmart water heater’s drawbacks, despite the fact that it has many benefits to offer? These water heaters have the following shortcomings:
- Fuel Cost: Since electricity is typically more expensive than natural gas, the Eco 27 will cost more to run than a gas tankless water heater. Despite the fact that electric tankless heaters are more environmentally friendly, there is some trade-off involved.
- Instant Hot Water: When you open a hot water tap, the Eco 27 immediately turns on. However, there will be a delay for the hot water to reach the faucet as it travels through your home’s plumbing. This is true with all water heaters, and if having instant hot water is important to you, consider installing a small tankless unit at the source.
- Critical Size: If you want to have an unending supply of hot water, you must buy the proper size tankless. When in doubt, it’s preferable to buy a larger unit.
WHY TRUST “YOUR BEST GEAR”?
Your Best Gear is one of the enormous and abundant resources or publications on the web. In this era, we got the fruits of technology that shine on our everyday moves.
But do you have enough time to research every product that you belong to? Your Best Gear makes it easier and more straightforward for you. We enlist every essential product which is the best considering your budget, demands, and uses so that you can get it like a prepared dish in a restaurant.
Our aim is to provide information on the best of the best products in the contemporary marketplace after accomplishing our best research through our dynamic force.
We bring to the table the solution for you. Your Best Gear comes with the greatest and most humongous platform to elevate you about the best possible and desired products or services for you. The basement of the “Your Best Gear” team is “Enthusiasm“, “Expertise“, “Evaluation“, and “Exoneration“.
Your problems with water heating may have a solution in the EcoSmart Tankless Water Heater. Its cutting-edge technology and small design provide limitless hot water while also reducing your energy costs.
A great option is the EcoSmart tankless water heater. It is a reliable performer with a positive user rating. We wish there were fewer requirements for the lifetime guarantee, but if you plan your purchase and installation properly, you’ll be able to benefit from one of the greatest warranties available.
You Can Take a Tour:
- Top 10 Best Power-Efficient Electric Water Heaters in 2023
- The 5 Best Water Heaters for Hard Water to Enjoy Your Winter
- The 7 Best 75-Gallon Water Heaters in 2023 [Review & Cost]
- The 7 Cheapest 40-Gallon Electric Water Heaters in 2023
- The 10 Best Water Heater for Bathrooms in Winter 2023!